Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Holidays Indeed

My mother grates on my nerves like none other, but I love her. We were on the phone for an hour or so yesterday and it was easy (for once). Granted, I am very embarrassed that she mailed several baked items to my work address, at a federal agency mind you. She didn't even bat an eye as she told me the following: “What? I couldn’t find you. You didn’t return my phone calls. I had to mail you gluten-free fruit cake and Bengali pastries, it’s the HOLIDAYS, and you need them. Since you REFUSED to call me back, I pulled out your business card and found your work address. What’s the big deal?”

Yesterday I was pissed; today the story makes me laugh. Gotta love the crazy family.

5 comments:

Mona said...

aren't moms just great?
thank you for your prayers/meditation.

maya said...

Your mom is one feisty lady; so that's where *you* get it from, hmm :)?

Andrew said...

Oh golly gee, how I LOVE mama's fruit cake. She can send one to my work address anytime: 1925 F St. NW, Washington, DC 20052.

UR said...

Why didn't she mailed it at your home?

Roonie said...

Okay, so I give her props for being semi-cool. Just this once, though.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...