Thursday, January 4, 2007

Friends from the East Coast

I had friends from the East Coast (one from DC and one from Boston) visit me and it was fun -- the retelling of old stories and creating new memories to share. Also, living in LA I don't too often do the "tourist" stuff, so this was a great opportunity for me to enjoy LA in way I rarely do.

Here a few snippets from the trip:
  • Drinking strawberry bellinis at The Standard
  • Shopping on Melrose, the Grove & Rodeo Drive
  • Enjoying delicious Jewish deli food at Cantor's on Pico -- who can resist an egg cream?
  • Lunching at the Beverly Hills Hotel
  • Ice cream sandwiches at Didi Reese in Westwood
  • Actually enjoying the beautiful beaches.
  • People watching in Venice
  • Soul food at Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles
Good times were had. I really do love Los Angeles. It is a beautiful city. Nothing beats waking up to 75 degree weather on a January morning.

2 comments:

Mango Pickle said...

I'm jealous!

Did you go to the Standard with the human display case, in Hollywood, or the one downtown with water-beds?

I used to go to the one downtown for happy hours sometimes, and it was Spectacular on gorgeous days!

Roonie said...

Then the answer is simple. We need to pretend to be tourists more in our own city. We'll enjoy it more.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...