Monday, January 8, 2007

Why Mondays Suck

I hate my job and detest Mondays because I have 4 hellish workdays remaining until the weekend. I live for Thursdays (my off day) and the weekends.

This was my day:

  • Wake up at 6 AM
  • Tie hair back, put on some eyeliner and lipstick (no time for mascara today)
  • Arrive at work at 7:30 AM
  • Balance a bijillion cases and deal with annoying ass people
  • Leave work at 6:15 PM
  • Rush to get to the gym for a 6:30 PM weights class
  • Head over to Trader Joe’s to do grocery shopping around 7:45 PM
  • Hit LA traffic to get home and arrive at my casa at 9 PM
  • Haul 6 bags of groceries to my apartment.
  • Heat up eggplant parmesans for my FIRST MEAL of the day.
  • Talk to Roonie. Consider doing my film work but decide against it.
  • Take shower at 10:30 PM

Where the hell is time for fun??? Where? Hanging out with friends in person? Reading a book? Cooking dinner?

I have no time. The work week purely sucks ass. When I have kids I will NOT work. Yes, you fuckin’ heard me. I am not looking to be Super Mom or Super Anyone. I just want to be a mellow chic who has the time to f*uck her husband like crazy and throw dinner parties.

4 comments:

maya said...

Chica,

That's an extremely long and very messed up workday. Where's the zen?!?

More smoothies and yoga!

Pritilata said...

I find your entry troubling. I guess it is just a reminder that life will never be perfect. You seem to have the perfect marriage to this man who absolutely adores you, but your career provides little satisfaction. Currently my career is taking off, but this man who I adored and thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with recently broke my heart. Why must happiness be so elusive? Why can't we just have it all? That being said, if I had a choice, I would rather be miserable at work but have an extremely loving and fulfilling personal life. So, I envy your position. I wish you could find happiness at work, but to me, you have found happiness where it matters the most.

Bengali Chick said...

Maya zen is on thursdays when I don't come into the office!

Pritilata -- True dat! you an insightful girl. Your comment has inspired my next blog post!

Roonie said...

Ms. Roonie makes the whole week a little sunnier, at least.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...