Thursday, March 15, 2007

Appreciating Love


I love gluten free girl's blog. Her post today warmed my heart. I love the celebration of love with authenticity and simplicity; nothing is more beautiful. The pic above is of my sweetheart, standing at the edge of a cliff in San Diego. We have been married for over 2 1/2 years and I still cannot get enough of him.

I'll never forget the day he asked me to marry him. He took may hand at SuperStar School Parking lot and casually asked, "marry me?" His eyes reflected honesty, sincerity and blissful happiness. I didn't even have to think about the question. I immediately said, "Yes!" We got in the car, a beat up white Toyota Corolla that had seen better years, and headed for Reno, NV. This is before I realized my food allergies, so we stopped at McDonald's for a quick bite to eat. We shared a sundae, quarter-pounder, and fries. He drove and I fed him spoonfuls of ice-cream and dipped his quarter-pounder in bbq sauce. It was messy and we went through a lot of napkins, but it was fun. I wore a pair of jeans, a red long sleeved T and flip-flops. He wore beige shorts, a t-shirt and sneakers. We bought a pair of rings for $30 (for the both of us, which later turned green) that the chapel was selling. We made vows to each other in private a minute before midnight. It was a lovely, private affair.

I don't feel like I missed out on anything on my wedding day.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

roonie said...

That's a cute little story, although romance makes me vomit!

Mona said...

what a sweet story :)

brown sugar said...

How romantic! I love stories like these :-).

CM said...

Great story -- I love the details about your flip-flops and the McDonald's run.

Bengali Chick said...

You know me Roonie, I can lay it on pretty thick. I'm a hopeless romantic bastard.

It will pass... said...

That sounds a lot like my wedding. We eloped to Las Vegas and did the $99 chapel thing. I did have a white dress, but it was very non-tradition and only cost $65. Rather than flip flops, I went barefoot. It was perfect. I don't regret a thing.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...