Monday, January 14, 2008

What Can Brown Do For You?

I feel massively guilty. I bought tons of stuff for my house this weekend. I am way under budget still but spending $$$ makes me feel shaky. The crazy spending (all for shit we need and at good prices) made American Express raise an eyebrow. They thought someone had stolen my credit card and called me on my cell! I don't get a high from spending money. However, the house looks fucking mind blowing amazing beautiful. I was able to get a aqua-tealish chaise for $590 from Home Goods (deal of the freaking century)!!!

Anyhow, the UPS guy delivered my media storage towers and console today. This is how the conversation went down:

UPS: Are you Middle Eastern?
Me: I'm Bengali.
UPS: I'm suprised how perky and fun you are....being Indian and all.

[Uhm, what do you even say to that??? I just smiled and said goodbye. Apparently, brown folk just aren't fun.]

Sidenote: I'm definitely NOT perky this morning. I went to bed around 4 am. He would have thought I was certifiable if I had drank coffee or gotten 8 hours of sleep.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...