Friday, February 8, 2008

Preparing My Body

Some tips I found that women utilize before IUI or IVF:
  • Detoxify liver: drink tons of water daily
  • Eat healthy and avoid caffeine, alcohol, processed junk, ect.
  • Warm the abdoment: heating pad daily and eat warming foods like ginger. Ginger tea everyday!
  • Moderate excercise.. nothing too strenuous.
  • Visualize the pregnancy
  • Fresh pineapple juice or fruit after IUI
  • Drink milk daily (damn that'll be hard)
  • Take DHA (important for fetal brain development) and multi-vitamin

2 comments:

~Little Bull~ said...

I could not do the milk part. no way.
But I'm sending you good thoughts! And positive energy!!
You will get your pumpkin!

maya said...

Everything sounds good... except for the heating pad, which sounds excessive and counterintuitive--isn't excess heat the enemy of sperm?

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...