Friday, May 2, 2008

Shining Positivity

I felt scared this morning, even after the ultrasound. But a conversation with one of my fo' real homies cheered me up.

From gmail chat today & words of wisdom from the Roonie-meister:

Roonie: If there's a growing baby bean in there, s/he needs your positive energy

me: i know dude.. i feel so guilty about that. i think i'll try to talk to tubby...maybe that'll help

Roonie: Don't feel guilty. Talk to Tubby about how you feel. It's you two in this together

me: okay.. i'm telling tubs... out loud.

Roonie: Don't keep it your heart, tell Tubs
Be positive.
It's gotta happen sometime, you know?
Why not now?


me: you're absolutely right. why not now, indeed.

5 comments:

Esha said...

Hi! Hope things are well. I saw this and thought of you!

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/07/sour-cream-chicken-enchiladas.html

CM said...

Hi -- I stopped reading for a while when you made your blog invite-only and I couldn't figure out which account I needed to log in with for the invite to work -- anyway, I'm glad I tried again today. I wish you the best of luck and I will send lots of positive energy cross-country for you and Tubby!

happy roy said...

somehow, bloglines deleted several of my subscriptions last year prior to my wedding. i didn't notice until a few months later and by that time, i had forgotten who i used to read. you weren't on my bloglines (b/c of the log-in requirement) but i used to read your blog along with my other desi blogs. i was talking to a friend today and something reminded me of you. so i checked and you're still here! yay! and more importantly, you're pregnant! congratulations!!! that is incredibly fantastic news. all the best during this exciting and nerve-wrecking time!

~Kali~ said...

YAY! It's the two of you!! Like that one song.....we can make it if we try! I'm excited for you and Tubs!

LL said...

Happy Mother's Day, I hope you're doing well and the lack of posting isn't a bad thing!!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...