Monday, July 25, 2011

Tea with a Reiki Teacher

http://www.mandalas.com/images/Lrg_image_Pages/Flowers/LotusWaterfall_8.jpg
I wasn't sure what to expect.  We had a conversation.  It was easy to talk to her.  I wanted to soak in all of her words and fully absorb each of them.  She is now my reiki teacher.

What exactly is reiki?  Well, my teacher put it best, it's a tool to have the spiritual life force (i.e., chi, qi, prana) on tap whenever you need it.

After "tea", I went to the grocery store and did other mundane errands.  I enjoyed every minute of the mundane, I was living in the present (no, I don't generally smile like a clown at TJ's).  Afterwards, girlfriends came over and we hit the pool with the little ones and cooked dinner together.  After everyone left, I couldn't shake off this heaviness on my heart.

My heart felt constrained.  I wanted to cry.  I was all sorts of emotional.  I didn't feel good.  But I knew what this was, and more importantly I had a solution!  Both of my bffs are going through heart woes -- break ups. They are hurting.  This heart-hurting vibe/energy rubbed off on me.  I haven't felt this way in a long time.  It's been many many years since my heart has hurt like this (so much gratitude for my life partner).  I googled a guided meditation on youtube to ground myself and cleanse myself of this negative energy.  As soon as the meditation was over, I felt light and not heavy.

I haven't even started doing reiki yet!  But already, I feel connected.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...