Sunday, February 18, 2007

How Not To Be Angry With Hubby

How do I say this delicately... when I'm hungry I am especially b*tchy. It's Sunday and hubby has been at the office all day. He proposed that I come over to his office for dinner and afterwards we could work together. He would do his boring business crap-o-la and I would edit his newest publication. Seemed like a plan!

On my drive over to hubby's office, he called me and asked when he should order dinner. I told him to order right away as he was hungry and to put my salad in the fridge. Hubby thought it was better to wait b/c he didn't want the potential conflict of the delivery guy showing up when hubby was outside helping me find parking to arise. I assured him that this conflict would not occur. He started being neurotic. I started getting frustrated. I was hungry and I didn't want to wait for the food. This is usually when b*tch mode could strike.

I took a deep breath. I thought about hubby's neuroses and how they make him who he is, insanely adorable. I started thinking about how grateful I was to have this wonderful man who took the time to read the entire salad section of a menu to me more than once while I spent several minutes trying to figure out my order. I started smiling. All of my frustration disappeared instantly.

Yes, I do agree that we all have a right to our own feelings and emotions. But honestly, do negative emotions ever truly help us out? Well... I will be the first to admit that make-up sex is pretty damn hot, but I could skip out on the fighting and dive "head" first into steamy love-making, no?

6 comments:

Belle said...

Haha I love your philosophy on arguing with the hubbs. While I don't have one of my own yet, I find myself giving my mom (of all people) advice that seems to echo your sentiments on positive thinking regarding the sometimes annoying things one's hubby seem to do. I love your blog template too, any advice on how to fancify mine?

roonie said...

I love when reason and willpower trump anger and irrationality! Right on!

Bengali Chick said...

Belle: Roonie was the one that hooked me up with the fancy template! I'm not very suavvy with template design.

It will pass... said...

Point noted. Thank you for sharing such a positive view! I needed that...

kit and kumari said...

good job with that! it especially helps when you are aware of the things that tick you off and can head it off my reminding yourself its _______, not really him that is making you nuts.

you're gonna need that chica. motherhood ain't any easier, from what i've heard. ;)

Loving My Life said...

I meant to mention to you that just by the way you speak of hubby you guys will have a long, healthy, loving relationship!

Keep it going...

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...