Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Love Love Love

My husband's family is very tight. They are mega close and love each other dearly. There is only one girl cousin in the family. I'll refer to her as Kushi b/c she is so happy, sweet and authentic. She sent me an email today that made me cry.
what i want to say is 2-3 yrs a little late (sorry)...i want you to know girl to girl, that honest to God, everyone really loves you and are really proud to have you as a member of our family. .. please don't ever feel like an outsider, i know easier said than done and past feelings of hurt can't be totally erased out of your mind...but please trust me when i say this, we love you and we want to get to know you better in the years to come. and we're always rooting for you and [hubby] just the same as any other cousin! ...i just really felt like letting you know how special you are to our family.
It was rough coming into this family. Hubby's family was shocked, their 22 year old beloved [insert hubby's name] eloped with a girl after dating her for 1 month. It took time but they got over it and have embraced me with so much love. I feel blessed. Kushi didn't have to send me this email, but she made the effort to go beyond the title of "cousin" and attempt to become my sister. I feel like I have two sisters now, my bestest friend in the entire world (Dilly) and Kushi; the former bond created through 17 years of friendship and the latter instigated by legal title and cemented with effort and desire for sisterhood. Side note, I spoke to Dilly tonight, and she was able to get me out of my sadness and fill my heart with happiness, as usual. Almost 17 years of friendship, the kind of friendship that goes beyond blood, the kind of friendship I can't imagine living without, the kind of friendship that is more important than food or air, well that kind of best friend always knows how to make me smile and laugh. Dilly I know you read my blog, you mean the world to me, and I love you so much and I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my bested forever friend.

All of this love, my family(by blood, marriage and self-created), it is all so precious. I am so thankful and blessed. I am feeling this love so intensely tonight. My heart feels like it's floating. I want to burst. I'm going to bawl all night.

4 comments:

robert swayze said...

This is called the bonding of hearts...good post...yeah..spend some good times with ur buddies..u'll feel good...have a look at my blog before that and lighten up ur mood..there r a lot of friendship stuffs which u'll have fun reading..have a good day :)

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog!

kit and kumari said...

oh, that's so sweet-- and it might make me cry.

i'm lucky to have 2 sisters by blood and 2 by marriage. and it IS hard coming into a new family, but it's such a great feeling when you feel loved and accepted and embraced by them.

i'm glad that you have such a great family to fall back on.

d. chedwick bryant said...

this was a beautiful post--the image of the puzzle pieces suited it perfectly. Sometimes it takes time to fit, but eventually it comes together

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...