Monday, April 2, 2007

Sprinkles Rookie Mistake


I arrived in front of Sprinkles Bakery at 2 PM and found a long line. I was shocked. How good can a cupcake be? I waited 30 minutes in line for the flourless cupcake. People were buying cupcakes like they were going out of style. I clucked my tongue at them, the Sprinkles box has become the Tiffany's powder blue box for baked goods in Los Angeles. I bought 2 cupcakes, one flourless cupcake for me and a vanilla with milk chocolate cupcake for hubby. The cupcakes were $3.25 each. I was craving a sweet treat so I paid the exorbitant price.

I am a FOOL. Hands down, the best cupcake I have ever had. Hell it's better than what I remember a cupcake to be from the days I used to eat wheat. I may go as far as saying that it was one of the best baked goods I have ever tasted. How do I describe the taste of this velvety, fluffy, pillow-like, chocolate, creamy goodness? Each bite melted in my mouth. The cupcake was not too sweet, just enough chocolate, delicate and decadent without being heavy. The frosting exploded in fresh vanilla taste.

Sprinkles makes me feel like I am not missing out on anything being allergic to wheat. Yes, the cupcake was that orgasmically good. The bakery closes at 7 PM and the cupcakes are a holiday special, only being sold until April 10th. I'm going to the Bay this weekend for Easter. Luckily, Monday is my new day off, and you can be sure I'm buying a dozen cupcakes on Easter Monday. How am I going to wait an entire week???

How does a flourless cupcake taste better than a for real flour cupcake? MAGIC.

I'm going to go lick the crumbs off my plate.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Sukanya said...

hellooo there. I came across your blog from a comment entry in sepia mutiny.. I think. Anywho I just have to say that I <3 you're writing style and you are absolutely hilarious!

Mmmmm and your post is now making me crave dunkin donuts. Damn you!

Bengali Chick said...

Sunkanya: Welcome! I am a hyper quirky girl! Thank you for appreciating my craziness!!! I tend to over-punctuate. D&D coffe is da bomb and how I miss a good Boston creme or a toasted coconut.

roonie said...

Dude, that's one expensive cupcake. It'd BETTER taste that good!

Anonymous said...

...YUM-O!!!...

ash

Tiffany said...

so glad you found my blog! glad to share a moment in the blogosphere with a fellow "over-punctuator" and lover of "The Unbearable Lightness of Being". :)

i wish you the best of luck on the acupuncture. i had a long battle with infertility and recurrent miscarriage. i saw a traditional chinese medicine acupuncturist twice a week for treatments. my acupuncturist also prepared a specialized tea for me made of chinese herbs. tasted nasty but i drank it up as prescribed. after 2 weeks of treatments i was pregnant. i also continued my treatments (the position & intensity of the needles changed to accomodate the pregnancy, of course) to prevent another miscarriage. well it worked and now i have a beautiful and VERY healthy (almost) six month old.

as far as the cupcakes - YUM! we don't have anything like sprinkles here in the chicago area.

hope to see you around soon! :)

MA said...

I HEART Sprinkles. I had my first box of them this summer, and haven't had the joy of anything similar since. Glad you enjoyed them.

Zed said...

Hey BC -
I used Veet, In Shower, Hair Removal Cream for Dry Skin with Lily Scent and Shea Butter. This is for body only (legs, underarms). For facial hair - I stick to threading as well!

kit and kumari said...

yummy! nothing better than a cupcake. lucky you, sad for us.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...