Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm Tiny

Too all my friends and family, I always knew there was something wrong. I knew. I know my body. All of the stupid advice, "you should just not worry, it takes time, are you feeling stressed..." -- now I can say STFU. I decided to give myself a full year of "trying to conceive" before going to a fertility clinic and meeting with a reproductive endocrinologist. Hubby and I had a joint appointment yesterday.

I went to one of the leading fertility clinics in Los Angeles. The place was da bomb. The doctor's office was baller-esque and the waiting room looked like it was out of MTV's Cribs. Insane. I *helped* hubby with his semen analysis:) My doctor is the medical director of this insane fertility clinic. The doctor did a trans-vaginal ultrasound -- I haven't ovulated this cycle and will not be ovulating. He looked over my medical records and told me that my previous pregnancy was doomed b/c of the low as hell progesterone levels. My uterus is tiny, unusually so. My uterus is flipped. I have a procedure scheduled for Monday to check out my tubes. My doc believes that I have a 2-3% chance of conceiving naturally.

Good news:
  • The doc knows I can get pregnant with some medical help. He said it'll be easier b/c of my age and if I were in my early 30's we'd have to be more aggressive. Jeez, early 30's is literally 1.5 years away!
  • Hubby's health insurance covers basically everything. Yes, even many rounds of IVF for a $15 co-pay.

What's next? Hubby is leaving it all up to me. He says, "it's your body, I support you." I don't have all the information to yet make an informed choice about what's next. I think the next step is medical intervention and a test tube tubby. We shall see.

4 comments:

~Little Bull~ said...

I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!! And like I said...pumpkin!!!

Dilly Bar said...

dude, this is awesome, you finally know whats wrong

i had the "you're stressed" advice too. it drives me insane

kit-n-kumari said...

that is great that you now KNOW what is going on.
good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear. This article reminds me of you too.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/fashion/06love.html?_r=1&ref=fashion&oref=slogin

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...