Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Oh My Goodness Soba Noodles with Kale

Originally, I was planning on making this soba noodle salad.  Unfortunately, I was plum out of miso paste.  Regardless, the end result was so incredibly delish that my almost 4 year old exclaimed, "mommy, OH MY GOODNESS, I can't wait to eat these noodles!"

Cooked one package of 100% soba noodles according to the instruction on the package.  Drain noodles and wash with cold water until the noodles were cold.

I food processed 1 bunch of dinosaur kale because even kids with itty bitty fingers can't pick out tiny pieces of kale. Sauted the kale in coconut oil.  Added a splash of TJ's soyaki to cut the bitter kale-ness.  Dumped in yellow sliced zucchini to the pan  because it was going bad in my fridge.  Veggies cooked.

I then made a peanut dressing from this recipe

I combined the soba noodles, veggies, dressing and a splash of TJ's sesame ginger dressing.  Lastly, the noodles got topped with sunflower seeds for a nice crunch.

1 comment:

KrissyMo said...

Ani,
I've been waiting for your recipes forever. I'm so glad you're blogging again!
-K

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...