Thursday, April 20, 2006

Playing the Field

Hubby and I got Verizon cell phones so we could gab it up as much as possible. While we're doing long distance we have a ritual to talk to one another until we fall asleep at night.

This is what hubby told me before I fell asleep: Hubby had dinner with one of his friends last night. (They're very similar in the fact that they have these stressful "corporatie" jobs but different in their personal lives.) Hubby's friend has been in a long-term relationship (lives with her currently). When the subject of marriage came up he told hubby that he was not ready to settle down b/c he wanted to "play the field" – whatever that means. So as hubby is telling me this story he says to me, "I just love you so much… being around my friend makes me realize how lucky I am….I am so grateful that I found you….I really do have it all." Love you too baby.

I have girlfriends who are beautiful, intelligent and just plain amazing that find themselves with boys who aren't ready to settle down and want to "play the field." When I married Hubbyy he was 22 – we had dated for one month. He had most certainly not played the field before he met me. He proposed to me at the SuperStar parking lot and we ran off to Reno to get married that night. We'll have been married for 2 years this September.

So why did I get so incredibly lucky to find literally the most exquisite man in existence but not some of my girlfriends? Is it karma? Is it fate? Who knows – but my ass needs to stop this depression-career-bologna ASAP. As in the words of my favorite Carrie Bradshaw, "Every girl is looking for the right man, the right apartment and the right job." (paraphrase). 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...