Friday, February 23, 2007

How I Meditate. How Do You Meditate?

How I Meditate...
  1. I start with music. The music helps to relax me and bring me to a meditative state. A personal favorite is Golden Bowls (Tibetan Singing Bowls).
  2. I lie down on a comfortable spot. I generally prefer my bed. If I feel tension in any part of my body, I envision the tension releasing from my body. I try not to move and “still” my body.
  3. If any random thoughts enter my mind, I don’t fight them. I let the thoughts be while I continue to breathe deeply.
  4. I start going through a running list in my mind of all that I am grateful for. For example when I think of my gratitude of having a loving husband, I play scenes in my mind of memories of my marriage that make me smile. I essentially run several video clippings in my mind.
  5. Manifesting: (Playing make believe) I want a baby, thus I play an imagination game and pretend that I am pregnant. I imagine a positive pregnancy test and the sheer joy I feel as I run to tell hubby. I imagine what it would be like to feel my baby grow inside of me. I imagine my big pregnant belly and swelling breasts. I focus on the happiness that I will feel; I feel this future joy in the present moment.
  6. With each breath I imagine pink light going through my chakras into my uterus and cocooning my womb.
  7. I imagine my baby in my arms and chant an affirmation. I like to use “tubby” or “tubby is here, I’m pregnant.” Tubby is what hubby and I call our little Benjabi.
  8. If any negative thoughts enter my mind, I push them away. I tell myself that I surely know that my baby is on his way.

Your turn: Share on how you mediate please!!!

3 comments:

Loving My Life said...

OMG I love TUBBY! That is too cute!

I have a favorite room in my home - it is our study (we call it the red room. I like to sit on the floor in the corner. I do deep breathing - about 5 - 10 times. Breathe in through my nose for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds, breathe out through my mouth 4 seconds, and then hold that for 4 seconds. After about 5 of those I am RELAXED. I then visualize whatever my next manifestation is. When I am done visualizing, I write in my gratitude journal. I sometimes add my visualizations there sometimes just what I am grateful for. That's about it. I do visualize frequently throughout the day...

I am sending you lots of baby dust and I know your TUBBY is on the way!

Rush said...

You've inspired me to write a post on this...good luck with the baby stuff. it will all work out soon..have faith!

Zed said...

Hmm don't really mediate in any formal way. Basically think good thoughts before I go to sleep each night! Would like to have a more 'structured' format though...Sorry not much help.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...