Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ovulation

I can't explain how good it feels to look at my basal body temperature chart and clearly see that I ovulated. I don't remember the last time that happened. Clomid has made me feel normal. I ovulated! I ovulated! I know that ovulation doesn't guarantee pregnancy but it's nice to know that the the drug worked and it induced ovulation. It feels good to know that I have a shot at getting preggo this cycle.

The only problem is that Clomid caused a cyst to form and burst on my ovary. Of course this all went down while I was at a conference for work. I was sitting at at a luncheon meeting and my stomach started hurting. I tried to ignore the pain. It became unbearable. I could barely walk out of the conference. The pain was crippling. I made it to my car and laid down in my car for over an hour. I mustered enough strength to drive home. I felt constant stabs in my ovaries and lower abdomen. Hands down -- the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. My ovaries because hyper stimulated. My abdomen was flooded with water. I've been home since Wednesday with such a distended belly that I could no longer fit into my clothes. Finally, today, the swelling is going away. My doctor is monitoring me. Utter. Complete. Hell. But completely worth it for tubby.

So it's yet to be determined whether or not I can go on Clomid next cycle. If the drug caused ovarian cysts than Clomid will be a big no-no.

The trials and tribulations of fertility.

1 comment:

Esha said...

Aw honey, I hope you feel better soon! I was going to go on BC before my gynec told me that in the future it could risk my chances of pregnancy (late 20's) so I decided against. Reading about your tribulations is a little unnerving, but I'm always wishing for the best. :)

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...