Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tamarind Chili Vegetable Soup

I have been reading food blogs and am very jealous. People take pics of there food (I wish I had a digital camera). I am a total foodie – I think, breathe, sleep food. I am always thinking what my next meal is going to be. I ADORE cooking. I think it comes from the fact that my parents have owned Indian restaurants forever. I miss being in the Bay Area when I could drive to their restaurant and load up on MAD amounts of food. I'm getting hungry.

I recently purchased a masala daba (sp?) for my spices (a must have and so CUTE). After the gluttony of pigging out this weekend on my mom's cooking and savoring traditional Bengali dishes I decided my body needed a good health cleansing.

My ingredients came from what I had available in my fridge/pantry:
½ an onion in the fridge
3 cloves of garlic
Vegetable stock
Frozen veggies
Tamarind paste
Spices (chilli powder, panch poron, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin, pinch of turmeric, sea salt)

Tell you the truth I didn't know what I was going to get. But the soup was seriously off the hook like I could potentially sell it. I'm having it for dinner tonight.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...