Sunday, April 23, 2006

Wound Up Tight

I think I am wound up way too tight. I blame it on growing up in CT (half serious). I had a very fabulous week and hung out with extremely chill people..... authentically chill people, if you know what I mean.

This week consisted of going out with friends for dinner, eating glorious food and laughing. We went out with three couples that were older, childless, travel the world and are extremely carefree (and have incredibly nurturing relationships with their significant other). Being around them made me feel so light. Lately I've felt heavy -- granted all this heaviness has been created by my own craziness in the brain -- feeling as if I'm running out of time (to do only God knows what).

Finally, the heavy curtain has lifted. So what I've learned this week is that I need to relax and just LET *IT* GO. Life is short and I waste too much of it worrying. There is no timeline. There are no rules. I define my own happiness. I can still dream of what I want to be when I grow up and still play in the sand box.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...