Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fish curry with rapini & sweet potatoes

I loosely used this recipe for inspiration.  I had mahi mahi on hand.  I subbed the cocunut milk for cocunut butter (not the same as as coconut oil). 

Sauteed onion in coconut oil.  Added panch poran (bengali 5 seeds). Added garlic.  When everything got aromatic I added curry powder (sorry mom!).  Once I could smell the curry, I added 2 tablespoons of coconut butter.  Then I followed the recipe.  Salt & pepper to taste. 

V, my husband who is american born indian, walked in and exclaimed, "oh gawd, why does it smell like curry??"  He has lost all indian rights.

I would absolutely make this again.  Easy and quite flavorful.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...