Wednesday, March 6, 2013

In the biz!

With my New England sensibilities, everything about the business in LA scared the shit out of me. I had visions of my twin girls smoking meth at 5 while critiquing their bodies. Plus, we moved to DC when the girls were 6 weeks old. So I never considered sending my kids for entertainment gigs.

But then we moved back to LA (yay!!!). I got approached often by talent agents. This usually happened at trader joes, I would get asked, "do your girls have representation? If not, here is my card." I tore them all up, it made me uneasy.

But I don't feel uneasy about sending A3's pic to agents. Maybe because he is a boy and not a twin, at 9 months I do not believe there will be any negative emotional repercussions or I've now met sane people in the biz. Anyhow, hells yeah, I want college money for A3.

I was told by friends that its relatively easy for babies to get work in LA. So I tried my hand by sending an email to a talent agent recommended by a friend. She was immediately interested in A3 and now he has a print ad gig on Thursday. This all went down in one day -- from contacting agent to getting gig -- how insane, this is a benefit to living in Hollywood.. $100/hour and a minimum of 2 hours.... I definitely never made that much even in college!! I was waitressing!!

This is all due to incredibly good luck. Lucky water dragon baby.





No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...