Monday, September 12, 2011

Like, OMG, Are you for Real?

What what??  You say life is hard.  You say life is too busy to have fun.  You say you have no interests, just work.

I say, "I feel sorry for you.  Wake up.  Look around.  Start living."  Life can start now (at any age, 18 or 68).

Granted, I just returned from vacation in Hawaii.  It wasn't enough.  One week of pursuing my interests entirely -- absolutely not enough.  There is too much to explore and experience.  Life excites me.

I came home to angry work inbox.  Everything was an emergency.  I thought --  shit man, maybe no yoga this week, I gotta buckle down and work work work....  My insides were screaming --  DID YOU LEARN NOTHING WHILE VACATIONING?  You are blessed beyond blessed and yet you resort to this place of fear.  Fear of not getting it all done in the time prescribed.  Fear.  Pressure.  Unhappiness.  Fear of what???


Ridiculous.  How am I supposed to find time for life when there is so much "work"?  Not give a shit.  Literally.  Set my own boundaries and not let them get pushed.  And if the worst scenario happens and I can't continue to stay at my job, I'll find another!  My job doesn't define me.  I won't live another moment being a slave to work just because life is so hard.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...