Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Hubby called me last night and told me that he had to pull an all nighter. I made him a special Valentine and I was dying to give it to him. I didn't make a fuss (hubby is psycho busy at work right now). I told him I loved him. I sat on the couch and listened to romantic music b/c I couldn't fall asleep without being spooned. I started feeling all gushy hearing cheesy yet sweet love songs. I heard someone rustling the locks. I knew it was hubby. I ran to the door and startled him. There he was all bleary-eyed at 1 am with a long stemmed rose and heart shaped balloon. He said, "I didn't want to miss seeing you on Valentine's Day." We stayed up until almost 3 am talking, connecting and loving.

I could not care less about fancy V-day gifts. He took time out of his busy schedule to come home and see me. He let his mountain of work pile up higher b/c he knew that V-day is important to me. More importantly, I didn't have to ask him to do anything. He just did.

This morning he called me on his way to work, like he always does, and said in his uber sexy voice, "Happy Valentine's Day buddy." He apologized for keeping me up late at night. He said, "I just missed you and wanted to spend time with you."

I'm swooning. I love and cherish this man.

1 comment:

Zed said...

sounds dreamy, chica! happy v day.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...