Saturday, July 29, 2006

Annoying Ass People: One of Many in LA

So tonight we went over a friend’s for poker night. We’re friends with the couple, they’re a bit straight-edge but seemed cool enough. Another couple we’ve never met showed up and they were so effing annoying. Mr. Obnox (short for obnoxious) starts by asking, “What do you all do?” I tried to steer away from that conversation by asking how him and his fiancé met; but that wasn’t happening. Next question, “Where do you live?”

I see the game – Mr. Obnox is trying to sum us up. Okay, my good friends know this (AK, P) you’ve seen me do this shit: I don’t play nice if I don’t like you. I can be a complete bitch, bitchy as they come. For business or whatever I’ll put on the show, but for people I don’t know, I have no problem being a bitch if you’re effing annoying. Since this entire night was going towards prove your wealth, I played the yuppy conservative New Englander game. Hubby caught on quickly enough (though I suspect he was annoyed very early on) and he played Mr. Republican Capitalist Money Making Ho Bag.

We were supposed to be playing poker, and it became playing poker about our potential worth. I think Hubby and I wiped the table with our Royal Flush. The real poker game got down to hubby and Mr. Obnox. It’s effing midnight at this point. I want to go home. Mr. Obnox refuses to, he states, “I don’t care about the money, I just want to win.” This is hubby’s first time playing and he’s caught on and hubby just wants the money, he doesn’t give a shit about winning.

I finally turn on the bitch level to a higher degree. I just think it’s rude, hubby has asked the guy to call it a tie and Mr. Obnox refuses. This is NOT his house, it’s effing midnight. I finally say, “This is just so obnoxious of you.” Finally Mr. Obnox caves, he knows I wasn’t playing.

I am so happy to be home!!! Poker game in recap: all about the benjamins. We came out $5 ahead – it wasn’t worth it, to be around such dry asses (although hubby thinks so b/c he actually is a Money Ho).

Highlight of the night: Mr. Obnox makes a horrible joke. I don’t laugh. He comments: “What not even a smirk?” I state: “Sorry, wasn’t funny.”
Peace Out.

5 comments:

sherni said...

You go girl =)

West Coast Mommy said...

BC, I'm so embarrassed cause I always ask people what they do for a living or where they live - I just realized I'm one of the "annoying ass people" of LA! In my defense, I really don't do it to sum people up; I do it as a conversation starter, to find something in common, or learn something new - like if someone has a really interesting job, etc.
Love that your hubby plays your game with you...my hubby wouldn't catch on and would blow it. he's done it before :(

Roonie said...

Hey, West Coast Mommy - I don't think BC meant it to mean that every question about what you do is annoying. I think this was just one of many ticks from this particularly ANNOYING individual that made him insufferable. I'm guessing you're endearing and a question like that from you would come off honest and genuine. Not so from Pus Face here, on the other hand (like my clever 5th grade insults?).

Bengali Chick said...

WCM -- it's not rude to ask ppl those questions when it's genuine and you are really interested. It just sux when ppl use it to play the "ranking" game. I'm sure from you it would totally be cool:)

Chic Mommy said...

so glad you stood up for yourself. I can't stand people like that, I know a few here in NJ, and avoid them like the plague.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...