Friday, July 7, 2006

Portabello Mushroom Taco

This is delicious and easy. It's my new favorite easy dinner.

Take 2 corn tortillas and pan "fry" in a non-stick pan. Once they crisp up, fold each corn tortilla so it looks like a taco shell.

In non-stick pan cook onions until golden, add as much garlic as you like and one green pepper and cook for a few minutes. Then add 1 portabello mushroom diced up. Cook until mushroom softens and then add few tablespoons of hot salsa and finally a handful of your favorite cheese.

Stuff taco shell with mushroom concotion and enjoy with a side of vegies or nachos.

I swear it takes less than 15 minutes and is tastie as hell.

4 comments:

MorningGlory said...

This sounds delish!

Bengali Chick said...

It's perfect for your cleanse:)

Chic Mommy said...

I love portobello mushrooms. I've got a recipe that takes one minute in your toaster oven's broiler. Take a portobello mushroom (whole), put 1 tsp. of dried basil, in it, and cover with some shredded mozzarella cheese. Then broil it for one minute in the toaster oven. Done. It make a great snack or appetizer. Or if you eat two, it could be a meal. I like your blog btw, will be back to read more!

Bengali Chick said...

Thank you! I read your blog all the time too. I'm giong to try this recipe:)

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...