Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hope: My Most Important Lesson

When things don’t go my way, I give up my dreams. I have treated hope with disdain and preferred the “better to aim low and avoid disappointment” philosophy. The Secret Challenge has taught me that hope is a good thing. I’m sure that everything that I have learned was probably taught to me by my parents or other influences in my life, however, in order to internalize them I had to re-learn them for myself. Here’s a non-exhaustive list of the lessons learned thus far:


  • Let nothing destroy my hope. Instant gratification should not be my excuse.
  • Be grateful for all of the blessings in my life on a daily basis (not just Thanksgiving).
  • Every day is a new day to better myself. I have bazillion second chances.
  • Honoring my emotions, being authentic to them, does not equate to a free for all negativity party. Honor, acknowledge, rationalize, move forward and dismiss.
  • Making the time to meditate daily clears my mind and frees my spirit.
  • Happiness is mine to have at this moment, not some allusive goal.

I don’t care if the Law of Attractions is not a real scientific law. It’s a tool, among other tools, to enrich my life.

1 comment:

roonie said...

I couldn't agree more! When you ain't got hope, you ain't got NOTHIN'!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...